Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm going on an adventure!

I'm going on an adventure! In fact, an adventure almost exactly like Bilbo's! 

Well. . . maybe I'm missing the dwarf and wizard cohorts, hairy feet, and a ring. I'm also going in the opposite direction of Bilbo; from the great Appalachian mountain range to the hills of the Shire in Ireland. 


I wanted to post a pre-adventure entry to 1) figure out this blog concept, 2) post the picture of Bilbo, and 3) state my expectations for this trip so I can compare them to how I feel at the end of all this hullabaloo. 


So, my expectations:

1. A whole lot of homesickness (but hopefully no Marji sickness, there is a big difference)
2. Getting over the homesickness quickly
3. Acquiring a sense of how to travel the world (basically guaranteed to happen)
4. Taking classes which may wind up on the back burner, depending on how exciting the pubs are
5. Still making straight A's
6. Making lifelong Irish friends (including at least one McCoy)
7. Acquiring an Irish accent to use at my leisure back in the States
8. Getting to travel to at least 3 other European countries
9. Playing real football on a daily basis
10. Not wanting to leave when December comes too quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment